November 6, 2020
Michael Rane Riley, born in Huntsville, Texas to Mike and Lori Riley and has one brother, Jack. Rane grew up in Huntsville, while being raised in the community, showed pigs through 4-H and continues to be associated with the Walker County Fair Association. Rane, played football at Huntsville High School and graduated in 2011. He then attended the University of Texas and graduated in 2014 with a degree in Government and Business. While at UT he worked for a bond broker/dealer and a marketing agency. He knew he was interested in law and attended SMU Dedman School of Law and graduated Cum Laude in 2018. While in law school he clerked for the Eastern District of Texas, Judge Amos Mozzant.
Further he clerked for the Federal Labor Relations Authority, and various law firms. He was also an active member of The Federalist Society. Post law school he has worked for the Money Law Firm handling civil litigation, trust and estate work; Rob Wiley, P.C. handling plaintiff’s employment law; and most recently he worked at Norton Rose Fulbright specializing in Insurance Defense.
Rane has joined Park of Park Law Firm handling plaintiff’s personal injury claims, civil disputes, and light criminal work.
May 22, 2018
- St. Mary’s University of San Antonio (J.D., 1976)
- Law Review, Executive Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal, 1975 – 76
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity; John M. Harlan Society, 1976
Admitted to Practice
1976, Texas; U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Houston, Walker County, Montgomery County and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of Texas (Member, District 3B Grievance Committee, 1994-1997
- Panel Chair, 1997-2000); The Texas Supreme Court Historical Society; Sustaining Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association; American Association for Justice
Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial and Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1986, re-certified 2011
Previous Legal Experience
- Briefing Attorney, Supreme Court of Texas, 1976-1977
- Associate Attorney, Fulbright & Jaworski, 1977 – 1979; Davis, Davis, Durham & Park, 1979-1989
- Named in, Texas Super Lawyers, by Texas Monthly Magazine, 2003 – 04, 2007 – 15
- Received AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell – The Highest Possible Rating; inducted into American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in 2011.
Mike Park is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Mike has also been inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), which is an invitation only organization limited to the top trial lawyers that also exhibit exemplary character, ethics and professional standards. Fewer than one percent of practicing lawyers hold these distinctions.